Built at the end of the fourteenth century from the union of two previous buildings (the palace of Rinaldo di Giorgio and the church of San Martino), from 1396 it was the seat of the Collegio dei Priori. The current facade is due to a rearrangement at the end of the 1500s when the statue of Pope Sixtus V by Accursio Baldi was placed in the center of the double staircase. Today it is the seat of the museum center of the city. Inside, the Globe Room, the first room of the public library, commissioned in 1688 by Cardinal Decio Azzolino the Younger and the Portraits Room, the ancient seat of the city theater. The Palace also houses, among the reception rooms, the Council Room called “dell’Aquila” and the Mayor Room.